The Blithedale Romance
Black Powder War
The Linwoods, Or,
The Linwoods, Or,
Ormond; or, the Secret Witness: With Related Texts
Throne of Jade
His Majesty's Dragon
Defiance
How to Tell If Your Cat Is Plotting to Kill You
Outbreak
The Awakening
The Runaway King
Bliss
The False Prince
The Wise Man's Fear
Back To The Divide

Saturday, January 24, 2015

January 18 - 24

Fight Club  by Chuck Palahniuk
Finished! Very cleverly done, this book. I watched the movie again after I had finished it and really, both are so cleverly done. It was interesting to read this book knowing the way it ends because I was able to pick up on the little hints and tips throughout the novel, to see things that the narrator himself didn't see (like how we never know his name...!). I'm still not sure how I feel about spoilers on this blog, even though I don't exactly think I'll have a huge readership or anything. I guess this will be a short entry, because I don't think I'll forget how this story ends.

The Murder of Roger Ackroyd by Agatha Christie
I haven't read much of this yet, mostly because I've been pretty invested in Fight Club. I'm a little worried I'll have some trouble getting through it because mystery novels---straight up mystery, like a classic whodunnit---isn't really my thing. It just doesn't compel me enough. That's the vibe I've been getting even so far, only a little way in. There's a little bit more intrigue than I had anticipated, so that at least might lead somewhere engaging enough, but I'm still a bit wary. We'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment