The Blithedale Romance
Black Powder War
The Linwoods, Or,
The Linwoods, Or,
Ormond; or, the Secret Witness: With Related Texts
Throne of Jade
His Majesty's Dragon
Defiance
How to Tell If Your Cat Is Plotting to Kill You
Outbreak
The Awakening
The Runaway King
Bliss
The False Prince
The Wise Man's Fear
Back To The Divide

Saturday, September 15, 2018

September 9 - September 15, 2018

To All The Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han
Cute! And a quick read, as I expected. Probably tool about 4 hours total to read. Pretty generic and predictable, really, but I still enjoyed it just as a break from all the high fantasy I've been reading. It's good to get the variety! The names the girls have are baffling old white woman names. It's really hard to remember that they're Korean. That one or two times they mention kimchi or being biracial was sort of odd; kind of stood out.

Ink by Amanda Sun
Was excited about this one, I'll be honest, in large part due to it being set in Japan. I miss living in Korea and my time in Japan was delightful as well. It's hard not to have that anymore, and reading stories set there is fun for me to have a tiny taste of the culture again. Not too far in yet, but kind of expected more from this. It's not particularly riveting, and the characters just feel... the decisions they make, the moods they have, and their odd relationships feel really contrived and awkward so far. We'll see if it gets better...

No comments:

Post a Comment