The Blithedale Romance
Black Powder War
The Linwoods, Or,
The Linwoods, Or,
Ormond; or, the Secret Witness: With Related Texts
Throne of Jade
His Majesty's Dragon
Defiance
How to Tell If Your Cat Is Plotting to Kill You
Outbreak
The Awakening
The Runaway King
Bliss
The False Prince
The Wise Man's Fear
Back To The Divide

Monday, September 29, 2014

September 28 - October 4

Cultural Anthropology by Kenneth J. Guest
This is the textbook for my anthropology class. I know, I debated including it in here---but honestly, it's probably the most well-written and interesting textbook I've ever read. It's definitely targeted toward college students, as it addresses us specifically as such on occasion. As far as textbook reading goes, it's quite interesting. It's easy to follow and has interesting and helpful examples for each section. It's also quite visually appealing, as well. The textbook readings are actually helpful, and I often find myself telling a friend about something I read in it.

The Black Powder War by Naomi Novik
Hooray, I finally finished it! I hit a block around the time school first started again due to the sudden decrease in free time, but this week I powered through and finished it up. Very satisfying ending, and I can't wait to start the next one! The incorporation of dragons into otherwise historically accurate information is surprisingly well done. Novik wove the extra story line in very well.


The Linwoods, Volume 2 by Catharine Maria Sedgwick
I finished this up early this week, and I was as pleased at the end as I was throughout! The plot came to a satisfying conclusion, the narrator revealed her ultimate purpose (which was quite an interesting aspect, I thought), and I had the prideful moment of finishing a 2-volume novel that topped 600 pages in two weeks, as well as without losing interest. That is not only a good feeling, but a promising sign for the readings yet to come in the class!


No comments:

Post a Comment