The Blithedale Romance
Black Powder War
The Linwoods, Or,
The Linwoods, Or,
Ormond; or, the Secret Witness: With Related Texts
Throne of Jade
His Majesty's Dragon
Defiance
How to Tell If Your Cat Is Plotting to Kill You
Outbreak
The Awakening
The Runaway King
Bliss
The False Prince
The Wise Man's Fear
Back To The Divide

Friday, September 26, 2014

September 21-27

This week, I have been reading...

The Linwoods, Volume 2 by Catharine Maria Sedgwick
This one is for my Early American Novel class, but I'm still surprisingly into it! There's actually an interesting plot. It's really quite similar to a historical fiction novel I would read now anyway, with a slight difference in expressions and language. Even that, though, is suited to the period it's set in. I'm definitely enjoying it. Thank goodness that the first two books for this class have been relatively easy to get through! Considering the fact that I've already read and loved another on the course list gives me high hopes for the rest of them as well. Stay tuned!

Also, this book is out of print and is available online for free in lots of place: Project Gutenberg, archive.org, and even Google Books. I highly suggest checking it out!


No comments:

Post a Comment