The Blithedale Romance
Black Powder War
The Linwoods, Or,
The Linwoods, Or,
Ormond; or, the Secret Witness: With Related Texts
Throne of Jade
His Majesty's Dragon
Defiance
How to Tell If Your Cat Is Plotting to Kill You
Outbreak
The Awakening
The Runaway King
Bliss
The False Prince
The Wise Man's Fear
Back To The Divide

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

April 19 - 25

OH MY GOD this is my life.
Ah jeez, I'm doing this one late again. I have a great reason though, I promise! I helped out with a spring fling event that went until 2 am on Saturday and then had to get up for 7am on Saturday to help set up for Battle of the Bands, a.k.a. yet another spring fling event. That went until about 1am Sunday. Sunday was sleep and a boatload of homework, Monday was a continuation of the boatload, Tuesday was a day of classes, and today has been meetings, work, symposium, and more meetings, and more work, BUT HERE IT IS!

Unfortunately...
for the first time in the course of this blog, I don't think I actually read a single word of a book this whole week. That's so horribly sad for me. Dx Actually, you know what? I did finish up the end of

We Came to the End by Joshua Ferris
So I did read something, though it was only about 30 pages. If it helps, I did write several pages though. This book... it was weird. The narrator is permanently in we, but the final line pulls the reader in by addressing "you" and it's very confusing when suddenly someone expects that you totally understand everything that was going on because you were a part of it all when the whole time you were hearing it as a separate narrated story. How confusing! It was an odd book, and even after this time I've had to give it some thought, I'm still just a little... baffled. It felt like the book version of the t.v. show The Office right to the end. It took a bit of a dark turn, but even that... I don't know. Ugh, this one is such a mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment