The Blithedale Romance
Black Powder War
The Linwoods, Or,
The Linwoods, Or,
Ormond; or, the Secret Witness: With Related Texts
Throne of Jade
His Majesty's Dragon
Defiance
How to Tell If Your Cat Is Plotting to Kill You
Outbreak
The Awakening
The Runaway King
Bliss
The False Prince
The Wise Man's Fear
Back To The Divide

Thursday, October 23, 2014

October 19 - 25

Reckless (#3), Unforgettable (#4), Lucky (#5), Tempted (#6) by Cecily Von Ziegesar
Yep, so... these books are just so easy to read that I've pretty much read one each day. They're just so simple! And catty! And although some of the romantic encounters stuff is pretty predictable, the more interesting plot-related things are still coming as surprises. It's enough to keep me reading! I think these books sort of became my break from reading things that require more thought. Very simple, comparatively.

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime by Mark Haddon
I have to say, this book got me. I did not see the twists coming. The first one wasn't too surprising; you could kind of infer it from earlier hints and suggestions that the narrator couldn't figure out because of his difficulty with understanding others' emotions. But the second one? The resolution of who killed the dog? WHOA! Didn't see that coming!! So well done. The whole journey to London was intriguing as well, and the ending was perfectly done: it didn't answer every question, and I had to wonder what would become of the characters. Very good!

No comments:

Post a Comment